Coronado Severe Duty
The Freightliner Coronado SD has unrivalled good looks, with a classic square bonnet, stylish chrome air intakes and its oversized stainless steel grill, the head-turning exterior of the Coronado SD will make you the envy of everyone on the road.
Of course, big loads come in different shapes and sizes, and in different places, so Freightliner has ensured the SD can be adapted to perfectly suit your needs and maximise your opportunities to profit. As a rigid, it is perfect for vocational roles. It’ll have no problem negotiating the roughest construction sites with a fully loaded tipper and dog.
Ready to haul heavy loads on rough surfaces all day, every day, the Coronado Severe Duty is the king.
In the Coronado SD’s case, what’s under the hood is just as good as the hood itself. The Coronado SD has Impressive power making it the perfect on-highway hauler.
The Coronado include:
- Choice of transmission with either the Eaton manual or automated transmission with Freightliner’s SmartShift™ paddle mounted on the steering column.
- Enhanced fuel economy.
- A curved windscreen sloped at 24 degrees to greatly reduce wind resistance.
- The bonnet guards, headlights, mirrors, air intakes, angled front bumper and even the bonnet handle are also designed to cut drag and may lower fuel costs.
- Spacious, driver-friendly cabin – the lightweight aluminium cab exceeds the stringent European crashworthiness standard (ECE-R29).
- Easy driving – EzyRider® II air cushioned seats, ergonomically designed dash and option Eaton UltraShift transmissions with SmartShift™ paddles.
- A smooth, stable ride with a great ‘feel’ for the road – the front cab mounts use a ‘pillow block’ design to effectively isolate vibration and shock from the road, while the rear mounts feature air springs mounted outside the frame rails.
- Easy maintenance – the bonnet tilts almost 90 degrees to make daily checks of coolant, power steering fluid and windshield washer fluid levels easier. There’s no strain either, with the Coronado’s bonnet tilt mechanism reducing the lift effort to a mere 20 kg.
- Easy change of headlights – a single high-tech reflector provides excellent front and side illumination, and minimal effort is needed to change bulbs.
- The windshield has been designed in two pieces, to make replacement easier and cheaper.
- The electrical wires are numbered and colour-coded for easy maintenance.
- Massive 1,900 square inch engine-mounted radiator – large enough to handle the hottest conditions with reserve capacity.
It doesn't matter whether you're doing a single-trailer delivery or a major B-double line haul job, the Freightliner Coronado has been designed for maximum versatility.
With power options ranging from 485 to 600 hp, you can choose from a Detroit Diesel DD15 or Cummins ISX or Signature engines. These engines are fully ADR80/03 compliant and can be upgraded without changing engine hardware. With all that power the Freightliner Coronado has a GVM of 24,000 kg and can be rated for 106,000 kg GCM for general highway use (standard 6 x 4 configuration)
The Freightliner Coronado can move bigger payloads with a low tare weight starting from just 7,857 kg. The Coronado also has a super-strong chassis built on straight with a splayed front wrapping around the radiator and heavy duty frame rails for extra strength. The rear axles are rated to 20,870 kg and rear suspension comes in a choice of Freightliner AirLiner™ or Hendrickson PRIMAXX™ airbag systems. For the front axle, 6.35 or 6.5 tonne Meritor packages are available.
- Option of Detroit Diesel DD15 engine with up to 560 hp (418 kW), 1,850 lb-ft or Cummins ISX/Signature Engines with up to 600 hp, (448 kW), 1,850/2,050 lb-ft.
- Detroit Diesel’s DD15 market leading warranty – “Extended Warranty Agreement” (EW2) provides operators with peace of mind: 5 years*/1,000,000 kilometres*/500,000 litres fuel burn*/15,000hours*.
*Whichever comes first
- A smoother, quieter engine with integrated Jacobs Engine Brake means lower emissions, lower noise and reduced vibration.
- Available with Eaton Manual or Ultrashift with SmartShiftTM paddle.
The driver has the highest level of safety and comfort with a cab that exceeds European crashworthiness standards (ECE-R20) and is 20 centimetres wider than most other cabins and has a flat floor making it easy to move around.
The interior of the Coronado SD is just as ascetically pleasing as the exterior. With Oregon burl wood trim and a durable, two-tone dash with ivory coloured gauges and an attractive interior rim that comes in either studded vinyl or cloth.
The Coronado SD includes Seat Inc, XTREME HD high-backed seats make the ride even more pleasant, as well as fully-adjustable chrome and leather steering wheel and an ergonomically designed injection-moulded dash that puts everything in easy reach. Large side windows and rear mirrors make easy to see in all directions. When it comes to comfort and ease, nothing has been overlooked.
For driver sleeping in the cab overnight, getting a restful night sleep is guaranteed. You’ll appreciate the noise abatement material that’s packed into the cab’s floor, front wall, sides and back panel.
The cabins are big as well as comfortable. They are up to 200mm wider than most and thanks to Freightliner’s famous flat floor there’s plenty of headroom as well. The air conditioning and heating system is one of the best you’ll find.
You’ll also appreciate the separate bunk control panel that can adjust the heater, air-conditioner and lights. There’s also a stow-away bunk for extra bed space if it’s needed in the 58” raised roof model. Well placed cabinets throughout the cabin provide maximum storage space. There is a TV cabinet, a clothing rack and pull-out writing surface.
Subscribe to the Freightliner YouTube channel to see our tough trucks in action!
|Freightliner Coronado SD Features and Benefits|
|Freightliner Coronado Spec Sheet|